Tise is a social marketplace in the Nordics. We have operations in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland with the aim to make it easy, fun and inspiring to buy and sell second hand. Tise has over 400.000 monthly active users, who each contribute to making the world a little more sustainable.
The Tise team now counts over 60 people in 8 countries, the majority at our headquarters in Oslo. We're currently 15 engineers, split across backend, web, iOS, and Android.
Tech at Tise
As engineers at Tise we rarely work on the same thing for long, but we always have one underlaying goal in everything we do – using technology to create fun and inspiring features that allow our users to live more sustainably.
Tise engineers work in small, autonomous teams, solving fun and complex problems. From pixels to database queries, we take pride in owning the tech we use to serve hundreds of thousands of users each month.
The Product & Technology team is mainly situated in Oslo, but we also have several great remote developers. You will also work closely with the rest of your colleagues in Tise - see tise.com/team to get a look at the Tise family.
Our backend team currently consists of 5 engineers in Oslo. As a backend developer at Tise you'll work on bringing features to life together with the frontend developers, and making sure that Tise is fast, reliable, and secure.
We mostly work in Typescript & Node.js, with MongoDB as the primary database. We also have some smaller services in Python & Django. All of our code and infrastructure is deployed and built on top of AWS.
We can offer:
- Work with a highly dedicated team of in-house developers
- A healthy work-life balance. We work for ourselves and our users, not corporate clients.
- Working with one of Norway's most used apps
- Ownership in Tise through stock options
- A possibility to help on the way to a more sustainable planet through engaging young people everywhere in buying second hand
We are looking for someone that:
- Has 3+ years experience as a developer, preferrably building backend services
- Can work independently and take ownership of the task from start to finish
- Enjoys a dynamic work day and can easily adapt to change
- Has a team mentality and willingness to share knowledge and ideas in a productive manner
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken
Want to learn more about how it is to work at Tise?
Contact Tech Recruiter Frida Klovning!