Do you want to join a team of skilled engineers and help build one of the biggest tech services in Norway? We are now looking for an experienced Machine Learning engineer to join our newly established Data & Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working with a range of classification and optimisation problems, e.g. recommendation systems, search ranking or spam detection. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to real-life data and applications. You will bring the ability to own the whole ML life cycle, define projects and deliver value across the suite of Tise services.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer in Tise
Tise is a Norwegian, fast-growing software company. We do everything from coding to design and business development in-house. At Tise, our goal is to make it easy, fun and inspiring to sell and buy second hand using our marketplace. Sustainability is at our core, and we strive to use our voice and platform to help people make more sustainable choices every day. We are now closing in on 2 million users and are blessed with a highly engaged community of Tise’rs across Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
Big features in Tise include our search- and recommendation engine, interactive chat, as well as payment solution. Machine learning is a relatively new field for us, and the successful candidate will be a pioneer in introducing new tools and techniques to improve existing and future solutions. The sky is really the limit when it comes to how we can utilise data to build better and more meaningful user experiences in our applications. A successful candidate would be highly passionate about writing high quality code, building robust ML pipelines and working closely with our product development team to integrate ML into existing solutions.
On the backend we primarily work with these technologies: Node.js with MongoDB, Django with Postgres, all running on AWS. We also use services such as Redis and Memcached. In the ML-space we utilise some AWS services such as AWS Personalize and MongoDB Atlas Data Lake for analytics use cases and the candidate will be able to greatly influence the technological direction of machine learning in the company.
The Tise team now counts over 50 people in eight countries, and we have offices in Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen. The Data & Analytics team is part of the Product & Technology department, which consists of 18 highly skilled and enthusiastic people.The majority of the team works in Oslo, but we are also open to remote work for the right candidate.
- Take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Own the full ML life cycle for significant new ML products, including production quality
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product & Tech teams
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch
- Continually improve existing products and take a creative approach to new opportunities
- Consistently advance the state of ML in the company
Who are you?
- You are a team player who truly cares about helping others
- You have experience in one or more of the following areas: Machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- You have a proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- You have experience in developing production level ML products
- You speak and write fluently in English
- Working in a company where you can have a positive impact on the planet is your dream!
It’s a plus if you have:
- MSc degree in Computer Science or related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of machine learning related work or research experience
- Creativity and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to create structures and operational concepts
- Proven track record of design, building, testing and deploying end-to-end Analytics/ML pipelines within cloud data platforms (preferably AWS)
What we offer:
- Work with a highly enthusiastic and dedicated team
- The possibility to work remotely or at our office in Oslo
- A healthy work-life balance. We work for ourselves and our users, not corporate clients
- Working with shaping the direction for one of Norway’s most used and fastest growing digital products
- Ownership in Tise through stock options
- A possibility to help on the way to a more sustainable planet through engaging young people everywhere in buying second hand
Apply by sending in your CV and a motivation letter. You can write in English or Norwegian.
The application deadline is 29.08.2021!